Spectrum Data Exchange
Spectrum Data Exchange (SDX) is a secure, quick, and easy way to transfer data in and out of your Spectrum® Construction Software. Using Spectrum Web Services, SDX provides templates, tools, and a Microsoft Office Add-In for Spectrum version 14 (Spectrum Office Add-In) to help you import data directly from Microsoft Excel®.
SDX streamlines and automates time consuming and repetitive data-entry or system conversion tasks, keeping your data secure and accurate. Whether you’re loading data into Spectrum from consumer software like QuickBooks or complex, enterprise software; SDX seamlessly and securely imports your data into Spectrum.
What is a Web Service?
A web service is a method of communication between electronic devices over the web. Spectrum Web Services provide a secure way to import data using a variety of pre-defined web service layouts. Once the data is organized, the user can send it to Spectrum by:
- Using the Spectrum Office Add-in to link data to Spectrum Web Services via Microsoft Excel
- Creating their own website to link to Spectrum Web Services
- User friendly, Excel-based interface
- Direct integration with Spectrum software
- Direct integration with Spectrum Office Add-In
- Eliminates manual entry errors
- Preventive measures ensure data integrity
- User defined security and defaults
- Secure Transmission/Connection (SSL- Secure Socket Layer)
- Easy 3rd party integration
- Eliminates repetitive data entry
- Expedites loading data into Spectrum
- Web-based solution
- Users get project info in real time
- Automates internal processes
- Reduces administrative costs
- Facilitates in-house development
- Platform independent, customizable entry point (use in tandem with website, mobile apps, etc.)
Streamlined Data Management
- SDX can be used to dramatically reduce the time, effort, and errors involved in large data transfers as well as common, repetitive data entry tasks. Choose from a library of standard Microsoft Excel templates, modify them to fit your needs or use built-in Spectrum Web Services development tools to create your own custom data transfer process.
- However you choose to use SDX, you will benefit from integrated data error checking, which automatically alerts you to formatting or entry mistakes as they occur.
- The web services used by SDX employ the same level of security used by banking, trading and other secure transaction service providers.
- Ensure the data you need is always available in Spectrum by taking advantage of SDX’s automatic data transfer capabilities.
SDX is a flexible tool that has as many uses as you have data transfer needs. Here are a few ways that clients employ SDX in their businesses:
- For customers just getting started with Spectrum, this is an easy way to import data from previous software programs.
3rd party applications:
- Use SDX to download credit card transactions from online banking sites into Spectrum to create recurring invoices.
- Vendors and customers can use SDX to send information to Spectrum—defaults you set and preventative measures such as error counters and timed access keep sessions secure.
Streamlining business processes:
- Reduces repetitive data entry transactions and errors associated with manual entry.
- Expedites importing data into Spectrum; decreases number of data transfer steps.
- Set up pre-populated templates for monthly journal entries and eliminate creating and uploading new spreadsheets each time.