It's easy to identify why construction ERP systems are advantagous for executives and accounting departments, but how can they benefit project managers? In this podcast, Wayne Newitts and Mark Schwartz discuss why project managers should embrace ERP software and why it will make their jobs easier.
If you are unfamiliar with what an ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) system is, Wayne Newitts wrote about the subject in November 2015 in a blog titled "Is it Polite to ERP in Public?". Dexter + Chaney is the producer of Spectrum® Construction Software, a construction focused ERP software platform. If you would like information about Spectrum, please request a free demonstration.
Key takeaways from this podcast:
- 1:35 - Wayne asks: "Why do you need ERP software in the field?"
- 2:35 - Mark explains that software is meant to make your job easier.
- 3:00 - Conversation moves to mobile software, accessible in the field.
- 4:34 - Mark talks about the disadvantages of just using spreadsheets and why an ERP system saves time.
- 5:49 - The main advantage for the project manager is the automatic sharing of information.