In this episode, Wayne Newitts and Mark Schwartz talk about the role of ERP software in the service industry. Mark uses a suprising metaphore to explain how ERP software works seamlessly for field operators and the accounting office—using the same information while having unique displays based on job role.
Key takeaways from this podcast:
- 1:08 – Mark explains why companies are looking for construction software for service management.
- 3:08 - Field workers need a system that works for them, while the information still needs to work for the accounting department.
- 3:44 - Mark starts his torque converter analogy.
- 5:13 - Mark explains what a torque converter has to do with software.
- 7:00 - Software is now being developed for specific roles in a company.