Last Updated: May 19, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide. We collect information that you provide directly to us when you register to use certain of our paid Services, access and use our Services, sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, mailing lists, training sessions or events, apply for a job and/or upload your resume, engage with us via social media platforms, and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, ZIP code, social media usernames, name and contact information for your company, and any other information you choose to provide.
Service Data. Our paid Services permit users to share and manage information by creating, uploading, and collecting information (“Service Data”). We have no control over the information that you (or others using the same account within your company) include as part of Service Data, which could include personal information about you. For more information about Service Data, please refer to the agreement that governs your use of our Services. Note that the Services include online services called from software that may be installed on devices or computers under the control of you or your employer.
Automatically Collected Information. We use various tracking technologies automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log Information: We obtain information about your use of Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the precise location of your device when you consent to its collection. For example, we collect information about the location of mobile devices when you use field tracking features of our mobile applications. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Services.
Information Provided by Others. We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example, we may collect information from third party application providers and social media platforms if you log into our Services using your social media account credentials or if you integrate your accounts for our Services with third party services or applications.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
- provide our Services to you;
- fulfill your orders for paid Services, manage your online account, and provide technical support, technical notices, updates, and security alerts;
- provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about offers, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S.
WHEN AND HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may share personal information about you outside of DC under the following circumstances:
- with our service providers who assist us in providing the Services or perform other services on our behalf (provided that, unless we separately notify you, such service providers are authorized only to use that information to provide services on our behalf);
- with our business partners (for example, with third parties who offer connectors between our Services and third party services), whose use of information will be subject to their own privacy policies;
- when you use interactive areas of our Services, such as our blogs and user forums, certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on third-party sites;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- to enforce our agreements and policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of DC, our customers, or any other persons; and
- with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information as long we have taken reasonable precautions to exclude information from it that could be used to identify you.
We take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your Information. You may update or correct your online account information by use the features of your online account for paid Services. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by using the opt-out features available from the communications. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your use the Services.
Location Information. The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with DC or others. You can also stop our collection of location information in connection with our mobile applications by uninstalling our mobile applications from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Advertising, Analytics and Services
We may work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, we are not required to provide this information so long as we permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. To opt out of having your information shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date first shown above. We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please send us an email message to email@example.com.